How To Wash Your Face
Sounds pretty basic, huh?
But most people about to embark on serious skin care
really don’t have a clue how to cleanse their skin properly or why it’s so important. It’s important to cleanse our skin twice a day, in the morning and at night. And no slapping on some cleanser and rinsing it off.
Just like our dentists teach us to spend a good two minutes brushing our teeth to get rid of food particles and prevent plaque and tartar, we need to do the same for our face.
- Use a cleanser that’s right for your skin type (creamy for dry skin, gel or something more acidic for oily or problem skin) and really work it in.
- Use your fingers or a Clarisonic brush and massage for a good minute and a half. If you’re using an acid based cleanser like glycolic or salicylic, you’ll feel the tingle as you work the cleanser into your skin.
- Use a white washcloth to rinse with water and you’ll be able to see if you’ve missed anything.
Our skin secretes oil while we’re sleeping so make sure and wash off the stickiness that contains excess oil and dirt in the morning and your makeup will go on much better and you’ll glow all day.
- Don’t wait until you’re exhausted at 11:00 at night before washing off that makeup and the grime that comes with living in the city.
- If you’re home at 7 and know you’re not going anywhere, wash your face then and apply your nighttime skin care products.
You’ll still have plenty of energy to play with the kids, read a book or watch your favorite show and your skin will thank you for it!
Tip: Keep one cleanser next to your sink and another in the shower so whether you wash at the sink or in the shower you’ll always have your cleanser within reach.
. . .
If you liked this article, we invite you to join us on Facebook.